The Philippines has shown resilience to the global economic crisis. The country recorded growth of 3.91% in 2011, but bounced to grow 6.59% in 2012 due to rising exports, increasing private consumption and higher government spending. Pragmatic government policies helped gain investment-grade credit rating in 2013. However, poor infrastructure and the inability to create proper jobs remain.
Features and benefits
* Understand how the Philippines can be used to plan business investments or market entry through a holistic view of the country.
* Gain an understanding of the political situation in the Philippines, including key figures in the country and governance indicators.
* Understand demographics in the Philippines through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
The PESTLE analysis of the Philippines identifies issues that affect the country's performance using the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) framework.
The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in the Philippines, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of the Philippines' economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment.
Your key questions answered
* How does the Philippines perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like telecoms and IT, patents, and R&D expenditure trends?
* What is the legal structure in the Philippines and are the laws conducive to investment?
* How does the Philippines perform in terms of environmental indicators and its environmental policies?
* How does the Philippines perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?